Saturday, April 25, 2020
READY, SET, GO! -- Hello again. This might be our final blog before we open Apil 30. Our schedule is pretty tight as we also have our mobile department up & running so we are getting busier every day.
This blog will be more of a list of important things to know, so let's get to it:
1. As we noted in our last blog, safety is very important, thus all of our regular regulations will be in effect plus a few more. We ask that we all
practice respect & patience.
2. We will do social distancing with tape markings. There will be separate areas for entrance & exit marked with signage. You will see more hats,
gloves & masks with entrance to our work area restricted to on duty employees only - no more visits allowed by friends, family members or off
3. All orders will be Carry Out/To Go only - no seating will be available. For the time being we will allow you to enjoy your treat in your vehicle if
you so choose.
4. Over the past several weeks we have discussed plans with our friendly competitors, health care workers, our doctors & other officials & will
follow guidlines set out by the CDC.
5. Again - this is all for your protection.
6. All is not so drab however: Papa Robb's will be as bright & inviting as we can make it. Music will be there somewhere. Plus we have some
exciting flavors & products. Both SunDrop & Cheerwine Italian Ice (while they last). Some ice cream flavors such as the return of Banana Pudding,
a new Birthday Cake, Cherry Vanilla & Crazy Vanilla. Other specials will show up over the season.
7. Papa has some new Faves & they are interesting: We now offer a Cheerwine Shake, A Lemonade Shake & an Orange Creamsicle Shake.
Give em all a try.
8. Food rumors are true. Sometime in May we plan to offer some food choices. These are at YOUR requests so remember they will need your
support to keep serving. Hot Dogs, Burgers, Bar B Que are among our plans.
9. We are excited & look forward to seeing you again, so mark your calendars, tell your friends & we see you again starting Thursday, April 30,
11:00 am - 7:00 pm
10. Thanks again for your support & please Be Safe
Tuesday, April 21, 2020
Well everybody it looks like the time has arrived. We plan to open for the year on Thursday, April 30. Hours will be 11:00 am till 7:00 pm, Tuesday - Sunday. Closed on Mondays.
Our plan is to do three short blogs with info about our plans, details, rules, etc.. Very important that you read these blogs & share them with as many people as possible.
Over the past several weeks we have been fortunate to have been able to meet with many people & discuss our options & plans. Customers, health care professionals, other similar businesses, even a doctor or two. We feel our plans are good, reasonable, but open for changes along the way. So -----
SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY: You will notice some changes right away. Open for take out orders to go ONLY. You can walk up & order from our window or order by email or text (info on these methods coming in regular posts & blog). All of our seating areas, tables, etc have been taped/roped off as has our playground. NO SEATING available.
We will offer our full menu - this has changed also with some new flavors of ice cream & specials plus we new offer (while supplies last) both SunDrop & Cheerwine Italian Ice! Watch for other specials to come.
Rules are more important than ever. Social Distancing will be followed. Patience is very important. In other words - simply behave like the great Papa Robbs customers you have always been. Papa Robbs has always been different. It is truly a place for families , but also a "Family Place". This is a place where everyone is welcome - we consider us all -- customers & staff alike - are like a family. Thank you for that feeling.
For now please mark your calendars: Thursday, April 30 , 11 - 7, Pray for reasonable weather. We look forward to seeing you again.
WATCH OUR SOCIAL MEDIA & BLOGS FOR MORE EXCITING DETAILS.
Wednesday, April 1, 2020
Warning: this may seem like all bad news, but it is not. We like to put a positive outlook on most things, & as difficult as these times are in many ways they are bringing most of us closer together.
By our post you know we are delaying our opening this year. We do not know how long this delay may be -- and it may be piece meal. For instance, our mobile units may be up & running very soon.
The reason for this delay varies. From our end we simply ran out of time. We are bright, cheery & as clean as we can be (except of this pollen). But other businesses face the same challenges we do so we are short on info signs, banners, etc. These are all very important to the overall goal of safety & convenience.
Our `delivery options are not in place on the scale they should be - same for curbside & ordering options. The majors (Grubhub, Doordash, Ubereats) are under siege, busier than ever & backlogged. They are working as quickly as possible & we respect their situations.
Our employees & family members have their own challenges. Even this allergy season seems worse. Our vehicles turn yellow overnight!
Please be patient. We are not going anywhere. If others are open please visit them for they too are trying to save their businesses. And we will see you as soon as we can.
Again, Thank You & please be safe.