Wednesday, April 1, 2020
Warning: this may seem like all bad news, but it is not. We like to put a positive outlook on most things, & as difficult as these times are in many ways they are bringing most of us closer together.
By our post you know we are delaying our opening this year. We do not know how long this delay may be -- and it may be piece meal. For instance, our mobile units may be up & running very soon.
The reason for this delay varies. From our end we simply ran out of time. We are bright, cheery & as clean as we can be (except of this pollen). But other businesses face the same challenges we do so we are short on info signs, banners, etc. These are all very important to the overall goal of safety & convenience.
Our `delivery options are not in place on the scale they should be - same for curbside & ordering options. The majors (Grubhub, Doordash, Ubereats) are under siege, busier than ever & backlogged. They are working as quickly as possible & we respect their situations.
Our employees & family members have their own challenges. Even this allergy season seems worse. Our vehicles turn yellow overnight!
Please be patient. We are not going anywhere. If others are open please visit them for they too are trying to save their businesses. And we will see you as soon as we can.
Again, Thank You & please be safe.
Saturday, March 28, 2020
BLOG -- OPENING DAY & BEYOND -- MARCH 29, 2020
Hello again. We're a few days late with this blog, but there were many decisions to be made plus we knew there would be changes & new situations for our state & our community. Yes we are all urged to shelter in place as much as possible, but there are also allowances to this. So - let's get to it:
This one of those good news, bad news deals. Obviously we all are facing a great challenge. We urge all of you to be patient, be kind & always remember that we all have the same concerns. We will attempt here to do this in list form. But we do urge you to stay involved & check our social media as often as possible. Remember that we have the Papa Robb's Club - sign up today & receive a weekly text message update on specials & any changes & adjustments we make as we go forward..
Therefore please note the following:
1. We will open our store on Thursday, April 2. Open six days a week, closed Mondays. Our hours (subject to change) will be 11:00 am until 7:00 pm
2. There are several new regulations & restrictions as follows: No seating available - all orders are take out "To Go". The playground & the party center are closed. As all of you know Papa Robbs has always had some rules about behavior. These are now more important than ever. Simply put - good manners & respect for your neighbors. After all, we are known as THE family place.
3. We will offer you SEVERAL WAYS TO ORDER & GET YOUR TREATS. Some available from opening day, others will take longer & be phased in. So pay attention as even old Papa Robb gets confused: You can simply show up & order from our serving window. You can pull into our parking lot & order & we will deliver to your car (credit & debit card orders, plus other electronic options with this option).
We are working on other ordering methods such as emailing or texting your orders. Hopefully ready by April 2 or within a few days. There MIGHT be a new phone number for those orders but not settled as of today - depends on equipment.
FOOD DELIVERY SERVICES: We are in the process of arranging agreements, contracts, etc with food delivery companies. Naturally they are flooded with requests so this may take some time, but not much. Options will be: GRUBHUB; DOORDASH; UBEREATS. You will be able to order directly through their apps or through our social media linking to their apps. We are also exploring some options with our relationship with THE SQUARE.
Obviously we are learning a lot as we go. Fortunately we have some experience with TO GO orders. But some things do not change. Yes our prices have changed for this year, but there are no "special " menu prices for take out - including through outside businesses. Everyone pays the same basic price.
Monday, March 16, 2020
WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED-------------------
Given the recent developments surrounding COVID-19, we want to reassure everyone that we are closely following the guidelines of the CDC and are doubling down on our efforts to maintain the highest level of restaurant sanitation and cleanliness for our customers and staff.
Last week we ended our blog with a list of topics we would be covering in the future, some for this week. But, as we all know the world has changed in a week & that includes our county & surrounding counties.
The Coronavirus is here Period. New medications will offer both a cure as well as preventive vaccines. But - what to do now is the question. So please note right now just some of what we have planned at Papa Robbs to make your visit with us enjoyable & as risk free as possible. We plan to accomplish that by listening to experts & watching what the most successful fast food companies are doing or planning to do.
With that in mind please note the following:
1. We still plan to open April 2, but circumstances could delay that date. So PLEASE check all of our social media as often as possible.
2. Our Papa Robb's Club will start up again with weekly short text messages to keep you up to date. You can still sign up - check our web site - www.paparobbs.com
3. You will note some changes at Papa Robbs. Some big some small. The biggest is some new fences as the DOT has bought some of our property for turn lanes at our intersection - good news in the long run.
4. This still leaves us plenty of room & space to spread out. This space & being outdoors helps simply because you are not forced into small spaces.
5. Our entire area is being cleaned, power washed & painted.
Monday, March 9, 2020
THE BLOG RETURNS -- March 8, 2020
Yes it is true believe it or not: The Blog Has Returned. Appropriately it is being written on the first morning of Daylight Savings Time - a sure sign of Spring as well as the approaching Opening Day of Papa Robbs. Which is April 2 (weather challengers permitting).
That all said, allow me - Papa Robb - (yes the real one) to apologize for "Blog Failure" in the past. I always have good intentions of better blogging but always fail. This year will be better so pay attention this year. There will be more & better news - I promise - again.
The blogs will be shorter , but more frequent so let's get started.
Last year was a CHALLENGE. The worse was the loss of our brother-in-law Scott. Naturally everyone in our family business was affected. Almost a year later Scott's death is still with us.
Let's add in much weather challenges - always a big deal - the NC Dept. of Transportation (more on that to come), growth problems, family illnesses - well you get the picture. In spite of all that our year was pretty good. Our store has some ragged edges but business was steady & our mobile vending was bigger than ever.
Our next blog will begin details of recent changes & changes to come, but we will close this blog with a simple list of hints:
1. The Papa Robb's Club will return in April with weekly Texts of important news.
2. Our ice cream line up will increase.
3. Music & other special events will continue - hopefully bigger than ever.
4. Quality of products & attitudes will remain & become even more important.
5. Based on #4 note that Papa Robbs welcomes all & is very inclusive. Yes there are rules, but being well mannered & good behavior are paramount.
6. Families are our most important product.
7. Fun remains a high priority.
8. The DOT project (turn lanes) might begin so PLEASE bare with them & with us.
9. I proomise better blogs
10. I did mention: FUN, FUN & MORE FUN?
That's it see you again real soon with hopefully some HUGE news.